It is the belief of Rion Co., Ltd. ("RION") that the provision of appropriate security in respect of personal information of RION’s customers (*) is a social responsibility of RION, and RION complies with laws and regulations related to the protection of Personal Information and exerts efforts toward appropriate management and use of each customer's Personal Information.
Handling of Personal Information
- RION shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other regulations and make efforts to follow proper and appropriate procedures in the acquisition and usage of Personal Information.
- RION shall prepare its company regulations regarding the handling of Personal Information and ensure that RION’s employees strictly observe such regulations.
- RION shall define the scope within which Personal Information shall be used and usage of such Personal Information within the scope.
- RION shall take preventive measure to eliminate the risk of such incidents as illegal access to and leakage, loss and modification of Personal Information.
Purpose of Usage of Personal Information
- RION shall not, without customer’s prior consent, use Personal Information of RION's customer for purposes other than to provide products and services by RION, its affiliate or other business partner, response to inquiries, contact regarding products and services, research and other activities necessary in conducting the business of RION.
- If RION acquires Personal Information of RION's customer for purposes beyond the scope of activities detailed above, RION shall notify RION's customer the purposes of such usage.
Disclosure to third parties
- RION will not disclose or provide Personal Information to any third parties except under the following circumstances or for the following purposes. Please note that provision of information to data sharing partners and business entrusted companies are not deemed to constitute disclosure or provision to third parties.
- Customer consent has been obtained.
- Disclosure or provision is required by laws or regulations.
- Disclosure is required to protect human life, health, or property in cases where obtaining customer consent is difficult.
- Disclosure is required especially for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound nurturing of children in cases where obtaining customer consent is difficult.
- Disclosure is required to cooperate with the public affairs of national or local governments, and when obtaining customer consent is likely to hinder the administration of public affairs.
Shared Use of Personal Information
- RION shall share Personal Information as follows.
Scope of Data Sharing
RION Group companies
For details, see here
Purpose of Data Sharing
Provisions of products and services by RION and RION Group companies, response to inquiries, contact regarding products and services
Items of Personal Information to be shared
Name, Address, Telephone numbers, Fax numbers, E-mail Address, Business contact
Party responsible for management of Personal Information
Rion Co., Ltd.
Procedure for Disclosure of Personal Data
Contact Information for Request and Inquiries
- IR Public Information Division of RION Co., Ltd.
Hour: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (closed weekends and holidays)
Address: 3-20-41 Higashimotomachi, Kokubunji-shi, Tokyo 185-8533, Japan
Effective Date: 2014/09/30